Tumblr is both a microblogging and social media platform combined in one. It has over 345 million registered accounts and over 424.7 million blogs, making it one of the most popular blogging platforms in the industry.
Tumblr lets you effortlessly share different types of contents like text-based, images, videos, links, music, quotes, etc, and lets you build you your own audience of like-minded people. As it integrates blogging with social media marketing, it is often known as a “microblog”. Tumblr’s idea is to encourage people to share various content and interact with like-minded people. It allows you to express yourself in a more creative way compare to any other social media platform.
People create web pages on Tumblr and share their stuff. Moreover, as Tumblr allows collaborative postings, you can also ask someone else to share their stuff with you. You can follow more and more people related to your interest, share different contents, like other contents and also reblog them on their web pages. The whole process looks a lot appealing to many people.
How does it work?
It basically has a few features that include:
- Create a Webpage – You can create our own room on Tumblr and include everything related to your fields of interest.
- Share – How would your room look like if it doesn’t have your stuff? Pretty vacant, right? Add content to your blog and let people know how awesome you are.
- Reblog – You can also reblog other people’s content on your own blog. After all, the idea is to collect your likes in one place.
- Follow – You can follow as much as people you want to. Follow people, get followed and build your own network.
- Comment – Any social media platform is useless without the comment functionality. Comment and tell people what do you think about their content.
In this article, I will share about how to Mass Delete Tumblr Post.
How to Mass Delete Tumblr Posts?
If you are reading this guide then chances are that you are bored with your old Tumblr posts and want to start over. Right? Or you have successfully explored your new favorite topic, is it so? Well, whatever your reason is, if you want to mass delete your posts then you are just in the right place. I will tell you how to mass delete Tumblr Posts and start fresh.
Apparently, there are two ways to delete all your posts on Tumblr. In this guide, I will share both the options.
The Manual Way
If you want to do it one by one, you can go for the manual way. Although, this is an absurd idea as it will take a lot of time and effort. In case you still want to do it, then just follow the given steps:
- 1- Go to Tumblr and login if you’re not signed in already.
- 2- After logging in, from your dashboard, click in the account, on the top right side of the page.
- 3- From the drop-down menu, select “posts” to view all your posts.
- 4- Now it will show you all your Tumblr posts. From there, locate the posts to be deleted if you don’t wish to delete all.
- 5- Now, at the bottom of every image, you’ll find an option to “Delete”. Select it.
- 6- After clicking the Delete option, you will be provided with two more “Edit” and Delete”. Click Delete.
- 7- At last, you will get a confirmation message and upon clicking “OK”, your post will be deleted forever.
- 8- Repeat the same steps for every post that you want to delete.
The Second Way
The other method is quite easy compared to the first one. As Tumblr allows you to easily delete all the posts at once without using any third party tool. This method is both effective as well as reliable.
Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to Mass Delete Tumblr Posts.
- 1- Go to Tumblr and log in to your account.
- 2- From your Tumblr dashboard, click on the “Account” from the top right corner of your page.
- 3- From the menu, select “Posts” to view all your posts and then you will be able to find “Mass Post Editor” at the bottom. Click it and follow the next step.
- 4- Now Tumblr will show all your posts and from there you can select the posts to be deleted. In case you still want to delete all, simply select them one by one.
- 5- Now that you’ve selected all the posts, click “Delete” from the upper right corner of the page.
- 6- On being verified, click OK and you’ve successfully deleted all the posts
Please note that Tumblr only allows you to delete 100 posts at once because of the security measures. This process is more useful and takes less time compared to the last one. So, in case you really need to have a clean slate and a fresh start, I suggest you to chose this way.
Getting started with Tumblr and building an audience over there can be tricky compared to other social media platforms. You need to understand it well and make a strategy according to it.
You may also mess it up quite a few times in order to understand the platform well enough. Thus, you may need to have a fresh start. There is no problem with that because many users do this. That’s why the platform provides the mass deletion option right through the dashboard, unlike other platforms.
Create an account on Tumble, experiment, add posts, delete posts and learn how to use it in the correct manner.